The following article provides you with the necessary instructions for performing a factory reset on the Poly VVX 250/350/450 models. Before attempting a reset, it is recommended that you reach out to support or consult your phone system administrator to determine if the problems with your phone can be resolved without a reset. This will also help ensure that your phone is appropriately provisioned and configured in case a reset is necessary.
It is advisable to explore alternative troubleshooting options before resorting to a factory reset, as this procedure will erase all personalized settings and restore them to their original factory defaults.
To avoid unintentional factory resets, typically you will need to input the phone's administrator password before accessing the factory reset option. The default password is commonly set as 456.
There are three available methods to initiate a factory reset: through the phone's Main Menu screen, using the Web configuration Utility, or by performing a phone restart. The last option enables you to execute a reset even if you have modified the admin password and cannot recall it.
Factory Reset from the Main Menu
This is the easiest and fastest way to perform a factory reset. If the phone has been configured accordingly, the reset option may be available from the Basic menu without having to enter an administrator password. Otherwise, you will need to use the Advanced menu.
To perform a factory reset without an admin password from the Basic menu (if available):
- Select Settings from Main Menu, and navigate to Basic.
- Select Reset to Factory.
To perform a factory reset from the advanced menu:
- Select Settings from Main Menu, and navigate to Advanced.
- Enter the phone's admin password – 456 (see next if you changed and forgot it.)
- Select Admin Settings.
- Select Reset to Factory.
Factory Reset During a Phone Restart
If you have changed and forgotten your admin password then, before proceeding with the factory reset, you will need to find out the phone's MAC address. You can find the MAC address by doing one of the following:
- Look for a sticker on the bottom of the phone. The MAC address is the 12 digits hexadecimal number, just above the bar code, that usually starts with 0004F.
- If the sticker is missing or faded you can access the Main Menu screen and select Settings>Status>Platform>Phone.
- Write down the 12 digits hexadecimal number in the S/N: or Mac: field.
- Access the phone via the Web Configuration Utility. The MAC address appears on the home page.
To perform a factory reset during restart (with the option to override the admin password):
- Restart the phone as explained above and press the Cancel Softkey to stop the reboot process.
A "countdown autoboot" screen will display. Ignore any of the options here and instead...
- Press and hold the 1, 3, and 5 keys simultaneously on the dial pad.
You can let go of the keys once an admin password prompt appears.
- On the dial pad, enter 456 for the admin password or...
If you have changed and forgotten the admin password, enter the MAC Address you obtained above using capital letters (but before doing so you should contact us or your phone system administrator to see if we or he have a record of the current admin password!)
Pay attention to the difference between entering digits, capital, or lowercase letters. To switch between letters and digits press the input modifier softkey. It initially appears as 1->Aa, indicating you are entering digits. When entering capital letters it displays as A->a1.
Each numeric key on the dial pad has three letters on it. Press it once to enter the 1st letter, twice (without pausing) for the 2nd letter, and three times for the 3rd.
As you type, pause briefly between each character.
For security, the characters you enter are shown only as asterisk symbols (*).
If you made a mistake you can press the Left Arrow key to delete the last character.
Select the OK softkey.
After the factory reset process is done the admin password will become the default 456.
Factory Reset From the Web Configuration Utility
The one advantage of the Web Configuration Utility is that it allows you do to a factory reset remotely. To perform a factory reset from the Web Configuration Utility:
- Log in to the Web Configuration Utility as described here.
- From the Utilities menu select Phone Backup and Restor>Global Settings>Restore.
- Confirm the factory reset prompt to proceed.