You want to (re)assign multiple numbers via single batch operation and keep getting the "Unexpected error has occurred - please contact your system administrator" error.
- APIM admin role
- Screenconnect access
- Conductor access
- DB access
When you clear old assignments in batches, sometimes the information is not updated correctly, leading to the observed error with batch assignments. In such cases, try assigning numbers manually, not in batches.
If this fails as well, or the numbers list is too long, open a ticket with Support, making sure to describe the issue and any symptoms you observe, things you tried, and add a list of numbers and assignments that are failing.
- Login to Apimarket and reproduce/verify the issue.
- Check the Conductor logs for clues and proceed based on this and Known Cases.
- Such an issue can be also caused by a known defect - when trying to unassign via a batch job, the BYOE emergency profile (if the customer has one) goes missing (i.e., NULL) or switches to the default one (Intrado).
You can check whether BYOE is correct for the numbers (see Known Cases) and adjust these, if they are incorrect.
- Once the root cause is fixed, verify that the issue is gone/request fulfilled.
Workaround for the BYOE known issue
The fix for this issue should be provided in 23.3.
For now, the solution is to manually fix such numbers by setting the BYOE of these numbers to the correct Emergency Profile ID in the number services DB.
For example, for BCBSM, the emergency provider is Redsky (and not the default Intrado), and the profile id should be 136. In the MariaDB:
1. Find out the number_id for the number to fix:
MariaDB [cpaas_number_service]> select * from number where e164='+13132259474
2. Check the emergency_profile_id:
MariaDB [cpaas_number_service]> select emergency_profile_id from tn_emergency_config where number_id=10259;
Set the correct emergency_profile_id:
MariaDB [cpaas_number_service]> update tn_emergency_config set emergency_profile_id=136 where number_id=10259;
Based on the troubleshooting the Support team will either take action to fix the issue on our side, or reach back with findings and any next steps required from you.
Once the root cause is fixed, try to replicate the issue to confirm that it is no longer there.