Some DIDs (numbers) are not in use anymore and need to be assigned to a different SMB or Organization; however, when attempting to remove the DIDs, the process fails. The partner is contacting Kandy to have these removed.
- Admin access to the KBS Portal
To resolve this issue you will need to unassign the DIDs. To do so, you will need to follow these steps:
- Log into the KBS Portal and go to System > Phone Numbers and search for the number:
Note down the 'User ID' for these numbers.
- Head to the Subscribers tab and search for these IDs.
- Open the Subscriber view by clicking on any of them:
- Click on 'VoIP Numbers', deselect the numbers assigned and save:
After the DIDs are unassigned, we can search for the top-level partner that reported the issue via System >Domains and impersonate them by right-clicking on their name.
Under Fullfilment > PSTN DID, select the number that could not be unassigned and and click 'REMOVE PSTN DID':
The number should be removed without errors.